Step 1 : Prime and Paint
Prime and paint wood fretwork before installing or use quality stain for wood species other than MDF. Touch up paint or stain as needed after installation.
Step 2 : Clean to Clear debris
Smooth installation surface with sandpaper by removing excessive bumps or texture. Wipe wall clean to clear debris.
Step 3 : Mark the installation
We recommend laying out the desired layout before installation. Mark the installation points using a chalk line or straight edge and level.
A: For single panels, start at either the top or bottom corner at the edge of the wall and work towards the opposite corner.
B : For 2-piece panel sets start at the center and work out.
Step 4 : Apply Adhesive
Apply a small amount of adhesive to the back of the panel and secure with small brad nails. (Follow adhesive manufacturer’s instructions for proper application.)
A : Install panels side by side.
B : OR for a different look leave a gap between each panel.
- Make sure to use the correct tools recommended
- Wear proper protective gear.
- Follow fixture, power tools, paint manufacturers’ instructions, and users manuals.
- Use common sense and follow good construction practices.
Tools & Materials Checklist
- Standard power grab adhesive
- Circular Saw or Table Saw
- Paint or quality wood stain
- Paint brush or roller
- Power drill or hammer
- Fine sandpaper
- Small brad nails
- Chalk line and measuring tape
Special Instructiona and Notes
- It is highly recommended that you paint or stain the panels before installation.
- It is recommended for finishing to use quality paint for MDF panels and stain for all other wood species.
- Make sure the surface and the back of the panel are completely dry before installation.
- Before installing, acclimate the wood panels in the room where you will be installing them.
- In most applications you will have to trim some panels. Cut them with a standard table saw or power tool. Sand cut edge to remove debris.
- Depending on your installation method, use standard power grip adhesive and small brad nails.