This page contains everything you need to know about our crown molding system, from crucial details to comprehensive information.
Our hand-painted corner blocks serve as decorative elements designed for easy installation in your room's corners, significantly enhancing the room's aesthetic and finish.
Corner Blocks Mounting Options:
Three installation options are available for pairing these corner blocks with the crown moldings.
This choice emphasizes a more exposed corner block, elevating the significance of both your corners and the blocks themselves.
This choice reduces the exposure of the corner block, yet your corners and corner blocks remain notably visible.
This choice minimizes corner block exposure, aligning the crown molding's lower edge with the block's bottom installation line while preserving their decorative function.
How To Create An Outside Corner And Center Blocks
For painted corner blocks, it's advised to apply black caulking to joints and seams, followed by touching up with matching paint.
Crown Molding Projection Larger Than Corner Block Mounting Area
If your crown molding extends beyond the corner block area, no problem. We've solved this issue, allowing you to install larger crown moldings over corner blocks. Check the image below for guidance.
Below are the sequential steps to follow:
- Position the crown molding against the corner block, noting any overhanging sections.
- Cut the excess part at a 45-degree angle.
- Repeat this process for the opposite piece of molding on the other side of the corner block.
- Begin by installing the corner block.
- Follow by installing one piece of molding, then the other (ensuring both cut angles align).
Same with outside and center blocks
In the present decorative millwork market, the available designs and sizes of corner blocks are somewhat limited and may not accommodate all crown molding sizes.
See available designs and sizes below.
11-1/4 in. Height x 3-1/2 in. Width x 3-1/2 in. Projection. Fits with crown moldings up to 3-1/2 in. projection.
17 in. Height, 6 in. Width, 6 in. Projection. Fits with crown moldings up to 6 in. projection.
13-5/8 in. Height, 5-1/2 in. Width, 5-1/2 in. Projection. Fits with crown moldings up to 5-1/2 in. projection.
Crown Molding Corners
Cutting angles in these intricate decorative crown moldings can be challenging, especially compared to standard moldings, unless you're a skilled installer. To simplify the installation process, we provide the choice to purchase pre-cut corners in the same style and finish as the molding. These pre-cut corners, available for inside and outside corners, are distinct from corner blocks.
You can purchase these pre-cut corners on the product page as an option or on the corners page.
Our pre-cut corners arrive in two separate pieces, allowing flexibility for adjusting any ceiling or wall irregularities by slightly maneuvering these sections together.
- Position the two corner molding pieces in your ceiling corner, adjusting for the best fit according to the angle. Ensure the flat mounting sections align with both the ceiling and the wall.
- Securely hold one piece in place while nailing it at the top and bottom.
- Adjust the second corner piece to its original position and secure it with nails.
- Place your crown molding against the ceiling, following the installed corners' sequence, and nail it in place at the top and bottom.
- Apply caulking in the joints and let it dry, using black caulking for black-based moldings and white for white-based ones.
- Utilize touch-up paint (available separately) to conceal seams, matching the finish as closely as possible.
DISCLAIMER: While our corners are precisely cut, variations in ceilings and walls may pose challenges during installation. In such cases, we cannot be held responsible for the final installation outcome.
Crown Molding Couplings
Crown molding couplings serve as decorative inserts placed between two molding pieces, typically at the wall's center, enhancing the room's aesthetic appeal. However, factory-produced collections are often limited in size and shape, not universally compatible with all crown moldings. Below are specifications for our available crown molding couplings.
Available Crown Molding Couplings:
3-5/8 in. Height x 3-1/2 in. Projection.
3 in. Height x 3 in. Projection.
Flex Crown Moldings
Explore our flex crown moldings option and discover comprehensive information about their features. Additionally, find instructions on calculating the necessary measurements and angles required for fabricating your moldings.
Guidelines for Calculating Flex Crown Moldings:
- Dropped Ceiling Tiles
- Drop Ceiling Coffered
- PVC Ceiling
- Tin Ceiling Tile
- Drop Ceiling Tile 2x4
- Glue on Ceiling Tiles
- White Tile Ceiling
- 48x24 Ceiling Tiles
- Wood Ceiling Planks
- Wood Planks on Ceiling
- Wood Beam Ceiling
- Rustic Ceiling Tiles
- Reclaimed Wood Panel
- Aluminum Ceiling Tiles
- Ceiling Tile Designs
- Ceiling Tiles 2x4
- Metal Panels for Walls
- PVC Bead Board
- Faux Stone for Walls
- Corrugated Tin Walls
- Subway Tile Sheets
- Vinyl Wall Panels 4x8
- Stainless Steel Backsplash Panel
- 4x8 Wall Panels
- Acrylic Wall Panels Decorative
- Copper Wall Paneling
- Wall Panels Decorative
- Wall Panel 4x8
- Copper Tile Backsplash
- Herringbone Shower Wall
- Faux Stone Siding Panel
- Crown Molding Outside Corner
- Molding Panels
- Polystyrene Crown Molding
- Crown Molding for Doors
- Crown Molding for Curved Ceilings
- Crown Molding Mantel
- Crown Molding for Floor
- Crown Molding for Kitchen Cabinets
- Crown Molding on The Ceiling
- Crown Moulding Corner Pieces
- Crown Molding Inside Corner Blocks
- Paneling Molding
- Crown Molding with LED Lights
- Decorative Metal Trim
- Crown Molding on Vaulted Ceiling