Looking to add a little character to your space? Seeking decorative items on a budget? Look no further than decorative faux wood beams. They make it possible to style and refine your space in a cost-effective, elegant, and sophisticated manner.
Faux wood beams transform any space with their natural wood finish. Let’s look a little bit closer at what makes them such a good choice for your home.
- It’s difficult — if not impossible — to tell the difference between natural wood beams and faux wood beams. Faux wood beams give you all the advantages of not being real wood while still adhering to a warm and comfortable aesthetic.
- They’re strong and durable. You don’t always get that with real wood. Real wood can split in half, rot, dent, or chip easily. Faux wood beams take a lot less effort to care for and look flawless for years on end with minimal effort.
- They’re easy to install. Yes, you’ll have to put in the time and effort but the process is straightforward. You can easily install the beams on your own.
- They’re versatile. There is no proper way to use or instal faux wood beams. Be creative! There’s a place for them in any room. You can cross them, lay them vertically or horizontally, or put them in any configuration that best suits the aesthetic you’re going for.
- The pure number of product options out there and available to you is astounding. If there’s a specific style or color you want, chances are you’ll be able to find it with ease. Some beams even allow you to paint and finish them yourself if that’s what you’re looking for!
*Note: faux beams are hollow, unlike real wooden beams. This means that they can store or hide things like poles or wires inside of them. Keep this in mind when organizing your room’s layout!
How Do Use My Faux Wood Beams?
There are a number of ways you can configure your faux wood beams. Here are some of the most frequent designs we’ve encountered:
- To hide support beams in a fashionable way
- To accentuate ceilings of interior spaces, and especially high ceilings
- As door frames, to give it a log cabin or “rustic” sort of vibe
- To hide obtrusive items like poles and wires
- Around a fireplace, as a mantel
And that’s just the beginning. We’re seeing more and more decorators play around with faux wood beams, configuring them in ways we never thought of.
If you’re looking for some faux wood beam products to start out with, here are of our favorite options.
This $4.00 unit sample is perfect for customers who would like to view the material before they make a purchase. Buyers can choose from the following texture samples: Doug Fir, Hand Hewn, Rough Sawn, Sand Blast, and Tuscany, in the following available colors: Primed, Dark Walnut, Light Walnut, Espresso, Mahogany, and Oak.
If you’re cautious about spending money on a product that you’re not sure you’ll like the color or texture of, this is a great way to see what you’re getting into. These 4” by 4” products are free to ship in the U.S.A.
If you’d rather test out part of an actual beam, another sample option is this $25.00 partial beam. It gives you a larger and more practical sample than the previous product.
Now, onto some actual faux wooden beams we have available for purchase:
This 8-foot length wooden beam is one of our most popular options. Choose a height between 4 and 30 inches and either a box or a 3-sided style. Then, pick your favorite from a variety of textures and colors and choose an available end cap or corbel end.
These beams start at $180.74 and take between 4-5 weeks to deliver.
There is also a similar 10 ft. length and 4 in. width product on sale for $144.29, available here.
Depending on the beam’s length, width, and style, prices can vary from under $200 to over $2000. It all depends on what design suits your needs best.
If you’re having some trouble figuring out how you’d like your beams configured and set up, we also have a Volterra catalog available for reference.
For only $2.99, you can flip through this specially curated catalog that goes through the faux wooden beams available for purchase and outlines some of the architectural feats that can be accomplished with them.
Faux wooden beams are some of the most elegant and sophisticated home decor products on the market, suitable for any home, and now they can be yours. Why not give one a try?