Decorative Ceiling Tile Expert
Milan Jara is the Founder and Owner of Decorative Ceiling Tiles Inc. He was born in 1981 in the small Czech Republican town of Zeravice — a town that boasts a rich history dating back over 700 years.
At the age of 20, he left his home country and migrated to the United States. Entering the U.S. shortly after the events of 9/11, Milan experienced the uncertainty of the time and had the goal of finding his place in this new country. He settled in Miami, where he found work as a janitor.
You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.
Finding His Footing
Milan is no stranger to hard work, as, upon his arrival, he spent his nights cleaning Target floors and his days studying English to pick up the language as quickly as he could. This time proved to be a pivotal point in his life, as it is also when he met his future wife, Damaris.
Feeling more established in the United States, Milan decided to find his footing and aimed to make a career change. In 2004, he got into trim carpentry and started helping and learning from a fellow migrant, British trim carpenter Robert Ashley. Milan’s entrepreneurial spirit came out soon after he started trim carpentry, and it was during this time he was first introduced to the magic of decorative ceiling tiles.
Milan’s Introduction to Ceiling Tiles
Milan’s extensive expertise of decorative ceiling tiles derives from pure passion. You may be surprised to hear that, before his first installation, Milan had little experience with decorative ceiling tile installation. His first impression of the tiles was that they were underwhelming!
However, once he started working on painting and installing them, he had a major change in his mindset. Milan was surprised yet impressed with how easy these tiles were to install and how well they could transform the look and feel of a room. The client for whom the ceiling tiles were for thought the same thing.
That day in 2006 was a turning point for Milan, and he couldn’t get the fascinating image of the ceiling tiles out of his mind. So a week later, he decided to act on this new passion, purchased the domain for decorativeceilingtiles.net, and started to build his website to share his newfound love for ceiling decor with the world.
Building His Business
Milan continued to work as a trim carpenter but shared with his clients the wonders of decorative ceiling tiles. Many had never considered the product before, but when Milan showed them the look and the price, they understood his vision and wanted it for their own home. They told their friends and families, letting Milan grow his business through word-of-mouth. Decorative Ceiling Tiles Inc. was born.
His client base quickly grew, and he and his crew transitioned from primarily installing the tiles to processing orders for the tiles. His goal was to empower customers to take on installation themselves while being available to answer any questions they may have and helping in any way possible.
Where Milan Is Today
Today, Milan has perfected his craft and wants to encourage others to experience the delight that decorative ceiling tiles bring to a home. He continues to grow his business by building relationships and making connections with suppliers in the United States, India, Poland, and China. Decorative Ceiling Tiles Inc. has also expanded into offering products that complement ceiling tiles, such as faux wood beams, faux stone, and metal laminates.
When he isn’t working with clients and developing his business, you’ll find Milan spending quality time with his family, particularly with his son Bruno.
Milan also writes educational articles on decorative ceiling decor.
Here are just a few of them:
- Decorative and Deceiving Stereograms
- More Than Just a Ceiling: Soundproofing
- A Virtual Tour of the World's Most Spectacular Ceilings: Architecture and Artistry
- The Vaulted Ceiling of Notre Dame de Paris
- Ceilings Around the World
- Michelangelo and the Sistine Chapel Ceiling
- The History of Art Deco in Architecture and Decor
- Decorative Room Color Theory
- Art of Ceilings and Walls: History of Fresco
- From Ceiling to Foundation: Molds in the Environment
- Famous Ceilings: National Gallery of Victoria
- Famous Ceilings: Strahov Monastery
- Decorative Arts and Crafts Resources
- Decorative Wall Art: Optical Illusions
- Art Lessons and Websites for Kids
- The History of Islamic Tilework and Design
- A History of Ancient Roman Tiles and Mosaics
- Ceramic Tile Art Projects
- Famous Ceilings: Cave of Altamira
- Famous Ceilings: Chicago Cultural Center
- Famous Ceilings: Library of Congress
- Famous Ceilings: Blue Mosque
- Famous Ceilings: National Gallery of Victoria
- Famous Ceilings: Senso-ji Temple
- Famous Ceilings: Teatro Nacional
- Famous Ceilings: The Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood
- Famous Ceilings: The Residenz
- Shelters, Houses, and Homes Throughout Human History
- Stop Staring at the Ceiling and Fall Asleep Faster
- The Art and History of Spanish Tiles
- The 50 U.S. Cities Where Home Prices Have Risen the Most Since the Pandemic Began
- The Most Expensive Buildings Ever Constructed