If you’re reading this guide then it might be time for you to decorate one or multiple areas of your home. Evidently, the walls play a huge part in any room as they are the most visually dominating aspect of them. That’s why taking valuable time to weigh up your options for wall coverings is highly recommended. It’s important for you to choose the right material that matches your furniture, décor, and the shape of the room.
This guide will list a variety of decorative wall panels – which will all contain an in-depth summary of their benefits.
Leather: Firstly, investing in leather tiles can be costly, despite the elegance for which they generate. If you want a less expensive way to give your home a leather appearance, then purchasing faux leather tiles or panels is an excellent option to achieve that. They are easier to maintain and much more simple to install, being that they are much lighter in weight.
As faux leather creates a luxurious appearance to any room, it becomes an excellent option to highlight the style of your room and décor. Not only is it an effective theme for homeowners, but businesses tend to go with faux leather for their wall coverings too. By this they can generate an elegant feel among their customers to which increases the sales of their business. Having a stylish and luxurious décor in your commercial setting is highly significant to any business, especially a small local one. Opting for faux leather for your wall covering certainly takes care of this aspect.
- Wood Wall Panelling: Although this method can generate a dark and eerie feel to a room, when applied right, it can create a stylish and elegant atmosphere. That’s why it’s important to plan your design before carrying out your installation. There is no denying that wallpaper and paint are the most preferred options when it comes to wall coverings, but wall panelling has many benefits, to which many decorators would recommend this approach. One of the greatest benefits to wall panelling is that it’s amazingly easy to install – which will give your room that extra flair immediately. Despite wood panelling being popular in the 60’s and 70’s, what they now provide, is a modern look that’s suited to every style. Fortunately, the cost of fitting 3D decorative wall panels is nothing short of affordable, which gives decorators that extra incentive to opt for this approach. Whether you’re looking to generate a modern or traditional setting, wall panelling helps bring your favourite textures to life. Ultimately, it’s a theme that makes a significant difference and can be the missing touch between a dull room and something incredible.
- 3D Wall Panels: These are tiles that are designed for walls and they have a 3D design that helps generate style and depth to your room. As they’re available in different colors and designs, they will help you achieve the appearance you’re looking for. Whether it’s a modern environment or a rustic space you’re seeking, 3D wall panels are a solution worth considering.
Benefits to 3D wall panels include:
- They are easy to install, and they are tailormade for beginner DIYers.
- They are easy to maintain. With the cleaning process, just use a duster or a damp cloth. Avoiding harsh chemicals and abrasives is highly recommended.
- They’re extremely versatile as they can be installed in most, if not all rooms – including bathroom, living room, kitchen and bedroom.
Ultimately, 3D wall panels are becoming popular in a majority of different settings. Not only do you see them in people’s homes, but hotels, bars, offices, salons and restaurants are deciding to go with this theme for their businesses.
One tip to consider if you’re considering 3D wall panels is that you should keep them indoors. If they are placed outdoors then they won’t hold up against the weather and other factors.
Benefits of wall coverings
When it comes to wall coverings, paint tends to be the go-to for many decorators as it’s cheap and certainly the easiest to apply. However, this guide is for those of you who wish to install something a lot more creative and unexpected.
Although wall coverings can be a little more costly than a tin of paint, they do last much longer as they’re much easier to maintain. If you decide to paint your walls, the chances are, you’ll need to recoat them after a certain amount of time, especially if the walls are inside your business. The cost of you recoating your walls will only amount to the cost of your wall covering – or perhaps it may exceed that amount in time.
Other benefits include:
- Acoustic benefits: Wall coverings are effective in drowning out noise, so if you are living somewhere where there is external noise that bothers you, then do note that wall coverings can help decrease the level of noise that exists.
- Good for branding: This should appeal to you if you are a business owner who is looking to enhance your brand. This is because you can personalize your wall coverings so that it relates to you and your business. Therefore, if you have a business and it contains an office, salon, dentist, restaurant, etc – then a personalized wall covering can be beneficial to you. Whenever a client or customer walks into your establishment, they will have an instant reminder of your brand.
- Durable and light maintenance: Simply put, wall coverings are seriously durable. They are designed to last many, many years if maintained well. This makes them a wise investment so don’t overlook this option for your walls.
When it comes to your walls inside your home or business, it is essential to keep them looking nice and sharp for your own comfort. This guide has helped you realize the benefits of having wall coverings, so it’s up to you whether or not to have them implemented, in some way, inside your home or business. Take careful planning in having the right style so that it matches well with your decorative design and style. Remember, your walls are the instant focal point to your room, so planning carefully is a no-brainer!