Safety InstructionsMake sure to use the correct tools recommended. Wear proper protective gear. follow fixture, power tools, paint manufacturers' instructions, and users manuals. Use common sense and follow good construction practices.
Special Instructions and notes
- Thoroughly read through the install instructions to familiarize yourself with the process before beginning 3D Wall Panels installation.
- Before installing, acclimate the thermoformed PVC panels in the room where you will be installing them.
- In most applications you will have to trim some panels. Cut them with a standard utility knife or power tool, such as a table saw. Sand cut edge to remove debris.
- Depending on your 3D Wall Panel installation method, you will have to choose the correct adhesive.
Step by step instructions
Step 1: Clean the Wall
Smooth installation surface with sandpaper by removing excessive bumps or texture. Wipe wall clean to clear debris.
Step 2: Mark the Place
Mark the installation points using a straight edge and level.
On a wall with one corner start at the end of the wall and work towards the corner.
For a wall with two corners start at the center and work out.
Step 3: Installing the panels
Apply adhesive to the back of the panel and the installation area. (Follow adhesive manufacturer’s instructions for proper application)
Install panels side by side. These panels are designed to minimize the appearance of seams.
For a seamless appearance, leave a 1/16 inch gap between each panel. After the panels have dried, apply a layer of primer over the surface. Once the primer has dried, go over the seams with sheetrock compound. This may take two or more applications. Be sure to sand between each application.
Once installed paint with 100% acrylic latex paint in desired color.
Tools and Material Checklist
- Construction Adhesive
- Utility Knife, Circular Saw, or Table Saw
- Paint, Brush and/or Roller
- Measuring Tape
- Sand Paper
- Sheetrock Compound (Optional, see instructions)
- Putty Knife (Optional, see instructions)