Decorative interior wall panels have many benefits, but one of the best ones is how easy they are to install. You don't even need a contractor to help! The important thing is that you properly measure your wall space or area and then make sure you order the exact amount or a few extra to fill the space.
We feature numerous videos on how to install interior wall panels, from faux leather to metal and Styrofoam, and we are here to help answer any questions that you may have.
Watch our how to install decorative wall panels video or call us for a couple of pointers. We are always happy to help with all of your needs, from the selection of your new decorative wall panels, to the installation process. We also enjoy seeing photos of your finished spaces, so please share them!
Wall Panel Installation Steps
DIY enthusiasts will have no trouble using our decorative wall panels. In just a few simple steps, you can apply our tiles to the wall with minimal effort. Follow these steps to apply our wall panels with a beautiful finish.
1. Prep the wall: If you have any outlets, wall plates, or stray nails, remove them from the wall before you do anything else. This is also a good time to wipe down the wall and clear it of dust and debris, which can weaken adhesives.
2. Measure the wall dimensions: While our panels are available in many sizes and you might find the perfect fit, it's important to be sure you're installing the right size panel. Measure the height and width of the space you're prepping for wall panel installation. Many people like to add a quarter inch or so on to their final measurements and cut away overlap for a clean, precise look.
3. Measure with a level: If you're installing a panel over drywall, odds are that the wall isn't perfectly flat and even. To account for this, it's very important to hang panels straight and even. Use a level to make sure the panels form straight lines and mark the guidelines with a pencil.
4. Trim the panel: Now that all the measurements have been calculated, it's time to trim the panel to fit them. We suggest trimming a quarter inch shorter than the ceiling to allow for warping and expansion, especially if the panels are made of wood. If your panels are already the correct size, you can move on to the next step.
5. Apply adhesive: Our shop sells an adhesive specific to our panels, but you can also use wood glue and other caulking materials. Apply the adhesive with a caulk gun in an S-shaped pattern, and then carefully press the panel to the wall, lined up with the guides you measured.
These five steps will help you complete your wall panel installation in no time. We have designed our products to be easy and quick to install.