How to Clean Styrofoam Ceiling Tiles
Even though your tiles are high above the hustle and bustle of everyday life, that doesn't mean they'll stay spotless forever. Between splashes in the kitchen and bathroom, dust accumulation, and hundreds of other potential causes, at some point, you'll need to know how to clean the styrofoam ceiling tiles in your home. However, the best way to clean styrofoam ceiling tiles will be based on the type of ceiling you have and the mess you're attempting to clean up.
How to Wash Clean Styrofoam Ceiling Tiles
The first thing you'll want to consider when determining how to clean a styrofoam ceiling tile is what type of ceiling you have. For those with a drop-in/suspended ceiling, popping out the ceiling tiles can make the process much easier. You can remove the tiles, clean them, and then return them to the ceiling once you're finished. This wouldn't be an option if your styrofoam ceiling tiles were installed using an adhesive.
Regardless of the type of ceiling you have, you can use a few different methods to clean your tiles.
- Duster/Vacuum: If you're wondering how to clean styrofoam ceiling tiles that have acquired some light dust or cobwebs, a duster or vacuum will effectively get the job done. A duster may be the better option for those standing on a ladder to reach their ceiling, as it's much lighter and less bulky than a vacuum.
- A Damp Cloth: A damp cloth may be the best way to clean styrofoam ceiling tiles overall. It will work just as well for dust and cobwebs as a duster, but it can also tackle some light stains or harder-to-remove grime, such as dirt.
- Paint: For those deciding how to wash clean styrofoam ceiling tiles with more stubborn stains, you may have to resort to painting. In certain situations, it's the only way to completely cover up the stain without replacing the tile itself. This will often be a more extensive and expensive process, so it's usually best to try and clean it with a damp cloth first.
Tips for Cleaning Styrofoam Ceiling Tiles
Just as important as knowing how to clean styrofoam ceiling tiles is knowing how not to clean them. Using the wrong method or cleaning agent may end up causing more harm than good to your tiles.
When cleaning your styrofoam ceiling tiles:
- Don't use excessive force. Be gentle when wiping down your ceiling tiles, so you don't damage the tile.
- Don't use harsh chemicals. Some cleaning substances use abrasive agents in their solution that can ruin the ceiling tile.
Order Replacements From Decorative Ceiling Tiles
Unfortunately, some ceiling tile messes won't be salvageable. In these cases, you may have to replace the tile altogether. The good news is you can find a comprehensive and affordable selection of styrofoam ceiling tiles at Decorative Ceiling Tiles. Our inventory has designs to suit any preference, so browse our offerings and see which style is best for your home.